Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The "Big 3-5"

My husband will be turning the big "35" later this month. It's funny how these things creep up on you! He says he doesn't feel 35, so how is it possible that he was born in 1971? He is also fond of pointing out the fact that he graduated from high school in 1989, and that kids who were born in 1989 are now in high school themselves. I like to point out to him that when I was in junior high and high school, it seemed to me like things that happened in the 1960s were ancient history...and now, for kids who are in junior high or high school, the 80s seem like ancient history.

It doesn't seem like all that long ago that I was listening to my favorite bands (in high school) the Jesus and Mary Chain, Mighty Lemondrops and the Stone Roses (oh, and I forgot The Church). Did I actually attend an outdoor concert one summer that featured the Sugarcubes, New Order and PIL...17 years ago?? (It may have actually been 18 years ago, I can't really remember). That was back when you could buy tickets to see CSNY or Bob Dylan for about $15 (rather than $115).

Okay, I will stop expounding on this now, because I'm starting to feel really old...But on the bright side, over the holidays I ran into one of my second-cousins who I really only remembered as 5-year-old little kid. He's 20 years-old now, and had little recollection of having met me before. He asked me how old I am, so I asked him to go ahead and guess. He guessed 26!! So either he's just really bad at guessing people's ages, or I look really good for my age...(I'll take the latter).

2 Comments:

Blogger ~d said...

I enjoyed your blog. I can remember seeing Depeche Mode in '88 for under $20. I remember seeing Marilyn Manson open for NIN...hahaha. I have decided that despite what my driver's license and birth certificate say: I am 34.
Nice to have stumbled across your blog!
Happy B-day to your Hubby !

1:19 PM  
Blogger luna_scorp said...

I can remember seeing Nine Inch Nails open for the Jesus and Mary Chain!

Thanks for your comment.

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home