Wednesday, January 04, 2006

New Year's Resolutions...and stuff

I hate New Year's Resolutions because I'm never able to stick to them. For example, I somehow gained about 3 pounds over the holidays, so I made a resolution to stop eating sweets for a while. Then I came back to work on Tuesday, found a truffle in my desk drawer leftover from a couple of weeks ago, and didn't even hesitate to eat it. My husband says he gained 5 pounds himself over the holidays, and I don't see him fretting about it too much (men rarely do worry about stuff like that).

I saw my nieces and nephew over Xmas and I'd just like to make a resolution now that when I have children or a child of my own (and we're supposedly planning to be expecting next year), I won't spoil them like crazy buying them all sorts of electronic gadgets and battery-powered rideable Jeeps (I wouldn't want my 3 year-old possibly driving out into traffic...I think I will wait until my child turns 16 to let him/her start driving). Not that my nieces and nephew aren't very sweet kids (they are, for the most part), it's just that when you start them out by buying them motorized vehicles when they're still toddlers, I can't imagine what they'll be asking for when they're teenagers. It's a scary thought actually.