Thursday, May 26, 2005

Brush With Greatness #3

(Click Here to see the first in the Brush With Greatness series, and the story behind the idea)

This happened several years ago…one day I went to Office Max (or was it Office Depot? I can’t remember now, but it was an office supply place). I was in there probably shopping for office supplies…anyway, as I was walking down looking for the right aisle, I could hear a man’s voice speaking very loudly with a French accent. The voice sounded familiar, and I peeked down one of the aisles to see who it was coming from. That’s when I saw Gerard Depardieu. He was talking into a cell phone, and at the same time was speaking very loudly to someone who looked like an assistant, calling out commands like, “Go and ask that person if they have any more of these! We’re in a hurry here! I want to be out of here in 5 minutes!” His voice was booming! Everyone in the store could hear him. I saw a few people, other than myself, who were laughing at how absurd it was.



Brush With Greatness #2 Can Be Found Here