Friday, May 13, 2005

Rainy Weekend Activities...

The Portland weekend forecast calls for rain, so if you're going to be in town, I have an activity suggestion for you... (I will be in Seattle cheering for the Red Sox with my fellow BU Alumni this weekend, so this doesn't apply to me)....

Portland Art Museum's Pre-Raphaelite exhibition is going on through the end of the month....I went to see this on Easter, so I can tell you that it's a pretty good exhibition. You wouldn't know this from visiting the Portland Art Museum website, but the exhibition actually features quite a few works from William Morris and Edward Burne-Jones. And if you don't want to actually pay to see the exhibition, the gift shop has some very nice related items to browse at.

Sadly, it's too late to catch the Diane Arbus exhibition, which has since closed....but it was excellent.