Monday, May 23, 2005

As long as the Star Wars toys don't make their way out of the basement....

My husband had a ton of Star Wars toys when he was a kid. Anyway, the other day he took out some of those toys from a big storage box (his Mom made him clear it out of her garage when she moved a couple of years ago), and decided he was going to “display” them in our basement. I guess he was just bored and trying to be funny....I don't think there's anything to be concerned about...he's never been one of those Sci Fi freaks, thank goodness. So, the other day I went down to the basement, and in the music room where my husband keeps all of his guitars and amps and stuff....he had managed to clear some space on one of the shelves by pushing aside some of his gazillion CDs, and now there are a bunch of Star Wars action figures all lined up...well, actually, some of them are sort of arranged in battle stances.

When I asked my husband just what the deal was in the basement, he seemed to take delight in showing me some of his limited edition action figures, in particular, a Yoda which came with a cloak and a plastic snake around it's neck. (“Look at that, that’s a limited edition Yoda action figure!…I wonder how much I could get for it on eBay!”) Well I might have been impressed with this stuff had I not grown up with two brothers. Obviously I've already seen all there is see in the way of Star Wars toys...and anyway, my brother used to own that same limited edition Yoda.