Friday, April 28, 2006

Is this for real?

Well, I haven't posted to my blog for a while...I'm feeling neglectful.

I had an appointment with the midwife yesterday, and it seems that everything is going fine. It still doesn't seem yet that this is really and truly happening to me, but I did hear the baby's heartbeat at my appointment. I started laughing because it was just so weird.

And when the midwife felt around my belly, she said, "Yes, that feels about the right size."

I said, "I don't know what to feel for. I can't feel anything there." (I tried at home later to see if I could feel the baby, but I still couldn't.)

She also said to me, "You won't be fitting into those pants much longer!" (Well, they don't really fit me very well now, but I'm still wearing them despite that.)

I guess it's safe to say that I'm feeling freaked out about the whole thing at the moment. Is this for real?