Monday, August 22, 2005

The Look for Fall?

I was at Nordstrom today to take a peek at what they're trying to promote as the "Look for Fall" (I try to avoid the crowd at the "Anniversary Sale"). Rarely have I been so unenthused about the selection in the Savvy/TBD department. I could only find a couple of things I really liked, and then I ended up not buying anything. They seem to be promoting a Wealthy Bohemian look....why are they still trying to charge $200 for a pair of jeans?

The shoe department wasn't much better. At least they've stopped pushing those annoying pointy-toed shoes I've always hated and refused to buy. I did find a great pair of wedge heels, but they have an open toe, and I live in Portland, so open-toe season only lasts a few more weeks. Oh well...maybe I'll buy them anyway.

And whoever at Nordstrom decided that lime green or orange Cowboy Boots are in just needs to be horse-whipped. Is this G.W. Bush's influence on the fashion scene? Please don't let this trend continue.